There are so many big things we look forward to in life! And, in most cases, it is Graduating, Getting Married and then, Buying YOUR first home! How exciting is that process!? -- Aplace you can call your own, and have fun painting the walls, startinga garden, building equity and so much more!
But there is a tiny checklist of questions that you can begin asking yourself now, and get a step ahead of most. Normally, most jump right into a listing search of homes, and get super emotionally attached to homes. While this is super fun and exciting, it is very proactive to make sure you have all of the basic questions answered, and I want to help you with that checklist! Print this off, or perhaps, copy and paste into a word document and take as much time as you need to answer these. Remember, it is your home and these questions will help you really prioritize in your home search!
1. How is your income? And remember to be as honest as possible. No one is judging you. We all have our financial ups and downs and in order to really get you into your right home, we have to take a close look at your finances. What is your income? What kind of debt do you have? Are you at a temporary job, or have you been there a while? Have you spoken to a lender about the possibility of buying ahome? Do you know your credit rating and have you looked to see if their are any bumps that can be removed?
2. If you are paying rent now, what kind of payment is that and are you comfortable paying that? Or, can you go higher a bit? What is that number for you?
3. Are you buying the house by yourself? Or, are you married, or in a relationship that will be long term? Will you use both incomes to qualify? (remember, the higher than income (combined), gives you a little more room for buying, but both credit scores will come into play)
4. Where do you want to live? Do you want to live close in town, a little bit out, or maybe live out in the country? Is it close to your kids school, or if you are family planning, is that a place where you would like to raise a child? Think about where you would like to live, and what is important to you!
5. What are you looking for in a home? Is it a number of bedrooms orbathrooms? Is it a big kitchen? Is it a nice master? What is it, that is super important to you in buying a home?
6. What would be nice to have in the house? Is it wood floors? Is it granite countertops? Is it a big backyard? Or is it simply, a fixer upper or something that is move in ready?
7. What is an absolute "No?" What are things you really don't want to have? Is it a pool? Pools require a bit of maintenance and as awesome as they are, some may not want that extra work. What about yardwork? Do you like maintaining a lawn or, do you prefer as minimal as possible?
8. How long do you plan on living here? Is this property going to be home for awhile? 5 yrs? 10yrs? Think ahead and see where you see yourself. Will This property fit your needs in you plan on staying put for awhile? Is it in the ideal location for your future plans? Ponder on these and it will help you alot!
These are some great questions to ask yourself and to help position you a little better when you come to your Realtor! Knowing these answer is a huge help in refining your search, so that your needs aremet in the most prioritized manner. And if you have any questions, please feel free to drop me an email below and I would be happy to help you in your home search!
Have a wonderful day!
Author:Clarissa Lupton Phone: 512-758-3494 Dated: May 18th 2015 Views: 669 About Clarissa: An Austin native, Clarissa epitomizes boundless energy, coupled with creativity and hard work; all o...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
The Roman Lopez Real Estate Team is a full service real estate company specializing in Greater Austin home sales, purchases, and investments properties. Roman Lopez has worked and excelled in the real estate business in Austin, TX for the last 6 years. He is a full-time realtor who's team works with sellers, buyers, and investors in the Austin area. Roman is a Certified Investor Agent Specialist with the tools and know how to get his investor clients top returns.
Roman is also Certified Distressed Property Expert who can be a great resource in helping distressed homeowners avoid possible foreclosure. His team has helped countless families in this position.
="background-color: initial;">As your team, The Roman Lopez Real Estate Team will be at your side from listing to closing, ensuring that your property sells smoothly and you get the most money possible from the sale. Roman's greater Austin real estate market expertise allows him to determine an optimum pricing strategy so your property will sell. He digs deep to learn the unique selling points of your property and neighborhood, so his marketing plans and strategies effectively target and attract your potential buyers. Roman is a Certified Negotiation Expert equipped with the tools and know how to get you top dollar.
The Roman Lopez Real Estate Team will provide you with a vast network of proven lenders and credit counselors who can guide you in obtaining a loan and/or getting your credit restored.
"I have purchased 11 properties in my life in 3 different states. Yasmin Hashim made my purchase here go the easiest and smoothest of all my property transactions. She always responded quickly to all my questions with a very good explanation. I would definitely recommend her to friends and family. Thank you Yasmin!"